The RIMA Diploma in Information Technology is designed to develop student’s skill in the core computer sciences. To achieve this, our curriculum is constantly updated to keep abreast of the latest technological advances in IT around the globe. This program provides a variety of information communication technology courses that are at the cutting edge of IT innovation today.
28 months + Industry Mentorship Program
September 2013, January 2014
SPM with 3 credits in any subjects or O Levels with 3
C’s in any Subjects (Any qualification equivalent according to MQA will
also be accepted).
Rima International College, Puchong
- English 1
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Introduction to Business Personal Skills
- English 2
- Business Mathematics
- Management Information System
- Introduction to Computer Architecture
- National Language A /National Language B
- Islamic Studies
- Moral Studies
- Malaysian Studies
- Introduction to Visual Programming
- Introduction to Structured programming
- Introduction to Analysis and Design
- Computing Mathematics
- Database concepts and practice
- Internet Technology
- Object oriented programming
- Fundamentals of operating systems
- IT project
- Data Communications and Networking
- Interface design principles
- Organizations and Management
- Business & Professional Ethics
- Industrial Training
- Industry Mentorship Program
What RIMA Offers You
We aim to give students what they need, not only academically, but also equip them with practical knowledge to enable students to enter their chosen profession or industry with more confidence, function outstandingly in a real work environment and become future leaders in their chosen field. In line with this mission:
- We design our programmes to provide a unique learning experience through developing a student’s core skills and abilities in critical thinking, decision making and problem solving.
- We ensure RIMA graduates acquire a high quality and comprehensive knowledge of information technology, supported by a progressive series of practical, applied and experiential learning opportunities.
- We offer the RIMA Industry Mentorship Program (IMP) which is a unique and critical component designed by our professionals through which our students experience the demands of the real world, learning the most current and relevant industry skills while being mentored and supervised by our qualified professionals from the industry.
- We empower our students, providing them the extra competitive edge with our complete range of facilities and a green advanced education system.
- We also offer the certificate in study skills (CSS) and certificate in employment skills (CES) which are add-on programs specifically designed for our students to improve their study skills and enhance their employability upon graduation.
Career & Job Roles
The RIMA Information Technology stream offers a lot of job opportunities for graduates in IT and ITES based companies such as hardware/software development and applications.
|Web Programmer||IT Specialist|
|System Analyst||Network Architect|
|Telecommunication Specialist||Database Developer|
|System/Network Administrator||Software Developer|