The RIMA Diploma in Hotel Management is designed with a focus on the core principles of management with particular specializations for the hospitality and tourism industry. Students have opportunities to undergo industry based work training and acquire placement in renowned hotels in Malaysia.
28 months + Industry Mentorship Program
September 2013, January 2014
SPM with 3 credits in any subjects or O Levels with 3
C’s in any Subjects (Any qualification equivalent according to MQA will
also be accepted).
Rima International College, Puchong
- Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
- Personal Skills
- English 1
- Introduction To Information Technology
- Malaysian Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Moral Studies
- National Language A
- National Language B
- Organizational Behavior
- English 2
- Principles of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Human Resource Management for Hospitality and Tourism
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Accounting
- Hospitality Financial Accounting
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Accounting
- Service Quality Management in Hospitality and Tourism
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Information System
- Marketing and Sales in Hospitality and Tourism
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Sustainability in Hospitality and Tourism
- Ethics in Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Entrepreneurship in Hospitality and Tourism
HOTEL MANAGEMENT ELECTIVES
- Food and Beverage 1
- Food and Beverage 2
- Managing Housekeeping Operations
- Facilities Management in Hospitality Industry
- Managing Front Office Operations
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Event Management
TRAVEL AND TOURISM ELECTIVES
- Introduction to Travel and Tourism
- Dimensions of Tourism
- Geography of Travel And Tourism
- Tourism Destination Management
- Travel Agency and Tour Guiding Operations
- Heritage and Cultural Tourism
- Special Interest Tourism
- Industry Mentorship Program
What RIMA Offers You
We aim to give students what they need, not only academically, but also equip them with practical knowledge to enable students to enter their chosen profession or industry with more confidence, function outstandingly in a real work environment and become future leaders in their chosen field. In line with this mission:
- We design our programmes to provide a unique learning experience through developing a student’s core skills and abilities in critical thinking, decision making and problem solving.
- We ensure RIMA graduates acquire a high quality and comprehensive knowledge of hotel management, supported by a progressive series of practical, applied and experiential learning opportunities.
- We offer the RIMA Industry Mentorship Program (IMP) which is a unique and critical component designed by our professionals through which our students experience the demands of the real world, learning the most current and relevant industry skills while being mentored and supervised by our qualified professionals from the industry.
- We empower our students, providing them the extra competitive edge with our complete range of facilities and a green advanced education system.
- We also offer the certificate in study skills (CSS) and certificate in employment skills (CES) which are add-on programs specifically designed for our students to improve their study skills and enhance their employability upon graduation.
Career & Job Roles
As a vast, dynamic and growing industry, the hospitality and tourism industry provides tremendous opportunities in careers as varied as food service, resource, convention centers, casinos, airlines, tour operators and travel agencies.
||Travel and Leisure