The RIMA Diploma in Accounting is designed to introduce the students into the field of accounting and make them familiar with the realities of starting, sustaining and maintaining accounting and financial information with proper business ethics. Students will learn the mechanics of preparing financial reports, budgets, cost analysis and also implement internal control procedures, and provide management accounting information. Additionally this qualification provides a strong foundation for students to further proceed to higher studies including professional certifications like ACCA.
28 months + Industry Mentorship Program
September 2013, January 2014
SPM with 3 credits in any subjects or O Levels with 3
C’s in any Subjects (Any qualification equivalent according to MQA will
also be accepted).
Rima International College, Puchong
- English I
- Principles of Accounting
- Introduction to Business
- Personal skills
- Islamic studies/Moral studies
- National Language A/B
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Micro Economics
- Management Information System
- English II
- Malaysian studies
- Management Accounting
- Principles of Marketing
- Introduction to cost accounting
- Macro Economics
- Financial Accounting II
- Strategic Management
- Financial Management
- Business and Company Law
- Financial accounting III
- Performance Management
- Quantitative aptitude
- Financial accounting IV
- Audit and assurance
- Computerized accounting
- Islamic finance applications
- Business and Professional Ethics
- Industry Mentorship Program
What RIMA Offers You
We aim to give students what they need, not only academically, but also equip them with practical knowledge to enable students to enter their chosen profession or industry with more confidence, function outstandingly in a real work environment and become future leaders in their chosen field. In line with this mission:
- We design our programmes to provide a unique learning experience through developing a student’s core skills and abilities in critical thinking, decision making and problem solving.
- We ensure RIMA graduates acquire a high quality and comprehensive knowledge of Accounting, supported by a progressive series of practical, applied and experiential learning opportunities.
- We offer the RIMA Industry Mentorship Program (IMP) which is a unique and critical component designed by our professionals through which our students experience the demands of the real world, learning the most current and relevant industry skills while being mentored and supervised by our qualified professionals from the industry.
- We empower our students, providing them the extra competitive edge with our complete range of facilities and a green advanced education system.
- We also offer the certificate in study skills (CSS) and certificate in employment skills (CES) which are add-on programs specifically designed for our students to improve their study skills and enhance their employability upon graduation.
Career & Job Roles
Careers in accounting are stimulating, rewarding and very much in-demand. Students will find career opportunities in a wide variety of industries from public accounting, property, business services, banking, insurance, etc.
|Assistant Accountant||Financial Consultant|